R500Ni Intelligent AIS Receiver with WIFI
The Comar R500Ni with WiFi is an AIS receiver interfaced to an ARMv8 microcomputer. The R500Ni is designed for coastal monitoring applications and is capable of filtering and processing AIS data and forwarding it across a network. In this way, several R500Ni units can be used to form a complete networked monitoring solution for monitoring a port and its approaches.
The unit has both WiFi and Ethernet connectivity, as well as 4 USB ports and an HDMI connector for a monitor display. What makes the R500Ni different from other receivers is that it can be deployed in any AIS network using proprietary software specific to that network and is shipped ‘bare bones’.
The R500Ni is designed for use by the commercial market and uses Comar’s well proven and internationally specified high sensitivity dual channel parallel receiver.
The R500Ni from Comar Systems: Quite possibly the most flexible and powerful AIS receiver available today.
• Designed for commercial land-based monitoring of sea traffic
• WiFi and Ethernet network connectivity
• Built-in Microcomputer for on-board data processing
• Industry Grade Dual Channel AIS Receiver
• Built-in HDMI port for a Display Monitor
• 4 Built-in USB ports for local monitoring
• Ideal for feeding vessel tracking data to a website or a vessel monitoring server
• Built-in micro-SD card slot for storing the OS and supporting software Physical
• Weight: 400g
• Dimensions: L 135 mm W 80 mm D 39 mm
• Mounting: To flat surface; 2 holes in case bottom
• Connections: Micro USB (Power); RJ45 Ethernet 10 / 100 Base-T; 4x USB 2.0 type B socket; BNC Coaxial to antenna; Micro-SD card slot
• Construction: Plastic housing
• Finish: Black plastic, textured Electrical
• Power Supply:5 V dc; 900 – 1200 mA typical
• Antenna Impedance:50 Ω
• USB power:100 mA each port (max) Operational
- Channel A 161.975 MHz
- Channel B 162.025 MHz
• Sensitivity: < -112 dBM
• Microcomputer: Raspberry Pi™ 3 (1.2 GHz 64bit quad-core ARM v8 CPU)
• WiFi: 802.11n
• Display: 3 Indicator LEDs (Ch A; Ch B; Power ON)
• Data Types Received: Name of Vessel; MMSI Number; Position; Speed (SOG); Course (COG); Type of Vessel; Call Sign; Heading; Rate of Turn; Navigational Status; Vessel Dimensions; Destination and others Environmental
• IP Rating: IP40
• Operating temp: -15°C to +55°C
• Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm