IC-M506 Euro Icom VHF Marine Radio
Integrated AIS Receiver
- With an integrated AIS receiver, the IC-M506EURO can show real-time AIS vessel traffic information on the display. The AIS target call function allows you to easily set up a DSC individual call. The Plotter, Target list and Danger list can be toggled on the display.
NMEA 2000™ Connectivity
- With the plug-and-play functionality of NMEA 2000, the IC-M506EURO can easily connect to a NMEA 2000 network. The IC-M506EURO can receive and transmit GPS (position, course (COG) and speed (SOG)), AIS report and DSC call information data and transmit radio frequency and PGN list data on the network. Using this function, the IC-M506EURO can convert NMEA 0183 GPS data to NMEA 2000 data for other equipment.
Last Call Voice Recording
- The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last two minutes of the last incoming call. You can replay the received call, and not miss any incoming call.
Active Noise Cancelling
- Using digital signal processing technology, the built-in sing digital signal processing technology, the built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling provides superb performance. It reduces background noise to up to 90% in the received signal and 30% fixed in the transmitting signal. The function OFF setting is also possible.
Intuitive Menu-Driven User Interface
- The intuitive software key functions provide easy and fast operation to control the multiple functions of the IC-M506EURO. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
25W Two-Way Hailer
- When connected to an external hailer horn, you can talk to people on the deck or shore from the radio’s microphone and can hear people’s reply via the hailer speaker. The RX hailer function allows you to monitor the received audio from the hailer horn. 25W amplifier increases your talk power making your communication loud and clear.
Built-in Horn (Automatic & Manual)
- Foghorn feature is built-in via the external Hailer horn. Four horn patterns are selectable for the automatic horn function.
ITU Class D DSC (Meets ITU-R M493-13)
- The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls. Up to 100 DSC address IDs can be programmed.
Rear Microphone Version*
- With this version, the microphone connector is drawn from the rear panel and a 6.1m (20ft) microphone extension cable is supplied to allow you clean and neat panel installation. *Ask your dealer for details.
IPX8 Advanced Waterproof
- The IC-M506EURO and supplied HM-205B/RB microphone can withstand 1m (3.2ft) depth of water for 60 minutes.
- Simple remote-control speaker-microphone, HM-205B/RB
- 15W audio output power (with external speaker)
- AquaQuake™ draining function
- Optional voice scrambler, UT-112 for private conversation
- MA-500TR AIS transponder and MarineCommander™ compatible
General• Frequency range Tx: 156.000–161.450MHz
• Frequency range Rx: 156.000–163.425MHz
• Type of emission: 16K0G3E (FM), 16K0G2B (DSC)
• Power supply requirement 13.8V DC (10.8–15.6V DC)
• Current drain (at 13.8V DC) Tx 25W output: 5.5A
• Current drain (at 13.8V DC) Rx AF Max External SP (RX hailer ON): 5.0A
• Operating temperature range: –20°C to +60°C
• Antenna impedance: 50Ω (SO-239)
• Weight (approx.): 1.4kg
• Ingress protection standard: IPX8 (1m depth water for 60 minutes)
Transmitter• Output power (at 13.8V DC): (High) 25W, 1W (Low)
• Max. frequency deviation: ±5.0kHz
• Frequency stability: Less than ±0.5kHz
• Spurious emissions: Less than 0.25μW
Receiver• Intermediate frequency: 1st 30.15MHz, 2nd 450kHz
• Intermediate frequency CH70: 1st 21.7MHz, 2nd 450kHz
• Sensitivity: –5dBμ emf typ. (20dB SINAD)
• Sensitivity Ch 70: –4dBμ emf typ. (1% BER)
• Adjacent channel selectivity: More than 75dB
• Adjacent channel selectivity CH70 (1% BER): More than 73dBμ emf
• Spurious response: More than 75dB
• Spurious response CH70 (1% BER): More than 73dBμ emf
• Intermodulation: More than 75dB
• Intermodulation CH70 (1% BER): More than 68dBμ emf
• Hum and noise: More than 40dB
• Audio output power (at 10% distortion): More than 15W with a 4Ω RX speaker
|What's in the Box||• Hand hanger
• DC power cable
• Mounting bracket kit