Icom IC-A220 TSO Airband Transceiver
Icom’s A220 panel mount transceiver is a popular fit with experimental and light sport pilots. The TSO approved version will work for all certified part 23 aircraft. This air to ground transceiver has the capability to work on both 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing frequencies.
It features the brightest OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display on the market offering many advantages in brightness, vividness, high contrast, wide viewing angle and response time compared to a conventional display. The A220 also features a built in 2 station intercom, 12 or 24 volt compatible, and automatic squelch.
High Visibility & Readability
The OLED emits light from organic materials, so a display backlight is not required. It provides an extremely higher contrast and a very wide viewing angle of almost 180 degrees. In addition, the OLED display is set close to the front panel. Well laid out characters help identify important information like operating frequencies. White characters on a black background show clear easy to read operating information. With white key backlighting, the white OLED display matches modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness at day or night.
Easy Channel Selection
It’s fast and easy to select any of memory channels in the A220. The "flip-flop" arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The dual watch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. In addition, the auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allows you to recall those channels easily. All switch buttons and knobs are illuminated with pure-white backlighting that is the same colour as the OLED display.
• Automatic squelch function detects the signal level and automatically adjusts the squelch level
• Built-in voice activated intercom function allows pilot and co-pilot to talk via the headset
• Built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V DC power source
• Automatic weather channel scanning and receive
• Dual watch and priority watch functions
• One touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
• Side tone function for monitoring your voice with headset
• ANL (Automatic noise limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
• Remote control capability
• Slim 34mm height can be installed in a limited panel space
• D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
• Two types of menu mode; settings menu and configuration menu
|Specifications||• Output Power: 8W